This position is responsible for preparing and serving the daily meals to the tenants and guests at Southview Senior Communities. This position must fulfill expectations of exceptional customer service.
Shoreview Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Function: Receiving and Storage of Food Service Products.
- Receive and examine foodstuffs and supplies for quality and quantity.
- Place foodstuffs and supplies in dry storage, refrigerator, cooler and/or freezer to ensure food safety.
- Utilize proper storage containers.
- Properly label and date storage containers.
- Record food and supply shortages.
Job Function: Food Production.
- Be familiar with weekly menu.
- Pull food, as needed, according to weekly menu.
- Prepare meals according to daily meal census.
- Read and adjust recipes as needed.
- Utilize food preparation tools, equipment and appliances.
- Weigh, measure, mix, bake and cook ingredients.
- Apply personal knowledge and experience in food preparation.
- Minimize waste.
Job Function: Safe Food Handling Skills and Practices.
- Practice strict personal hygiene
- Monitor and document time and temperature of food and appliances daily.
- Thaw food properly, including pulling food from freezer prior to needing it.
- Keep raw products and ready to eat foods separate.
- Avoid cross-contamination.
- Cook to required minimal internal temperatures.
- Hold hot foods at 1400 F or above and cold food at 410 F or below.
- Cool cooked foods properly.
- Reheat to internal temperature of 1650 F for 15 seconds.
Job Function: Customer Service and Meal Presentation.
- Meet daily mealtime schedule.
- Practice proper portion control.
- Plate meal attractively.
- Attractively garnish plates.
- Maintain high quality food standards.
Job Function: Sanitation of Food Service Area.
- Clean and sanitize work areas.
- Maintain an organized clean work area.
- Assist with general cleaning to maintain a safe, clean kitchen.
- Dispose of trash in proper areas.
- Recycle cans, plastic, and cardboard in proper areas.
Job Function: Operation and Maintenance of Facility, Equipment and Appliances.
- Properly operates all equipment in the kitchen.
- Notify Chef Supervisor of equipment failure and malfunction.
- Demonstrate a strong respect for facility and supplies.
Job Function: Other Support Functions and Tasks.
- Coordinate with Chef Supervisor to complete work schedule for Wait Staff.
- Oversee Wait Staff, including training, giving direction, and documenting.
- Demonstrate to the regulating authority knowledge of food-borne disease, prevention, application of the hazard analysis critical control point principles and the requirement of the Minnesota Food Code.
- Order, as needed, supplies including food, bread, paper products, and chemicals.
- Document and communicate with Chef Supervisor or Manager any incident reports for emergencies or accidents for self, other employees, or tenants.
Job Function: Other duties as assigned.
- This position reports to and is supervised by the Chef Supervisor.
- Develop good working relationship with entire on-site staff.
- Support the Mission and Values of Southview Senior Communities.
- Establish positive relationships with tenants, guests and vendors.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to minimal.
- Inside work while assisting tenants.
- Minimal exposure to Blood borne Pathogens, Infectious Diseases.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals, fumes or airborne particles.
- Exposure to extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Exposure to unpredictable people, behaviors, situations and pets.
- Exposure to illnesses and frailties of tenants.
- Must understand and communicate food service vocabulary.
- Must be punctual, with a good attendance record.
- Must be mature and emotionally stable using calm and kind tone of voice, remaining calm in difficult or unusual circumstances.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently, staying on task.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Must be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
- Must work as a team member with other personnel, Chef Supervisor and Manager.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
This position requires incumbent to have:
- A service-oriented mindset.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and relate well to senior adults.
- Ability to read and complete necessary paperwork.