Perform custodial and housekeeping tasks. Maintain the facility in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner. Perform all tasks to assure that the facility reflects a high quality of care and appearance.
Oak Park Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Function: Perform housekeeping tasks.
- Clean all common areas and rooms by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, waxing and polishing.
- Empty and sanitize trash containers in common use areas.
- Move, rearrange, and dust furniture and fixtures.
- Wipe and polish exterior apartment doors, polish brass doorknobs and other fixtures.
- Vacuum the dining room and wipe tables and chairs after use during daytime shift.
- Mix and blend cleaning solutions to proper concentrations for each task and assure that the lasting odor or solutions do not cause any irritable conditions to people or pets.
- Clean and polish all entryway and lobby glass, doors and furniture; vacuum and mop entryway floor as needed; dust drapes and mini-blinds as needed.
- Buff and polish highly visible and heavily used areas needing extra attention as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous light repairs, e.g. plunging toilets.
Job Function: Perform other support functions and tasks.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and keep information confidential as appropriate.
- Maintain a team approach toward all staff and be a strong team member as part of the maintenance staff.
- Perform and assist in other assignments as needed and directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or the Housing Manager.
- This position reports to and is supervised by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Develop good working relationship with entire on-site staff.
- Support the Mission of Oak Park Senior Living and establish good working relationships with executive staff and the Board of Directors.
- Establish positive relationships with tenants and build confidence and rapport through the activities and services performed.
- Exposure to chemicals and cleaning solvents.
- Work within multiple work environments and unsanitary conditions.
- Exposure to illnesses and frailties of tenants.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priorities as urgent needs arise that require immediate attention.
- Works among tenants, family members, visitors, and staff in a variety of situations.
- High school diploma
- Physical ability to perform manual work.
- One year prior cleaning and custodial experience.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position as determined by a pre-employment physical performed by Oak Park Senior Living’s designated medical provider.
Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
This position requires incumbent to have:
- Knowledge of safe cleaning chemicals that are non-allergenic.
- Ability to understand and relate well to senior adults.
- Must be flexible and able to work within a diverse team.