Activity CoordinatorApply Now
Assist and/or implement activity programming as directed by the Activity Director. Assist the Activity Director with any and all tasks pertaining to but not limited to the Activity Department and facility goals.
Oak Park Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Function: Plan/Develop/Coordinate/Implement Tenant Group Activities
- Set up the physical area as needed for the type of activity planned.
- Develop, print and post daily informational schedule on bulletin board in locations as directed by Activity Director.
- Remind and educate co-workers in other departments of activity schedule.
- Educate and inform nursing staff of which tenants may be interested in attending that specific type of activity. Develop plan for escort of tenant’s unable to independently get to the location of favored activity.
- Follow instructions for implementation of group activities as directed.
- Report any changes in tenant response to group activities (ie behavioral, psychosocial, sensory, physical) to nursing staff.
- Keep tenant activity attendance records as directed.
- Implement intergenerational programming (preschool, outside groups, etc) as directed.
- Chaperone tenant outings as directed. Follow policy and procedure as directed with tenant safety as first priority.
- Participate in “All House” programming as directed.
Job Function: Maintain pleasant facility environment
- Keep community room, public areas on memory care units, storage areas activity offices clean, neat and organized.
- Assist with indoor/outdoor plant care as directed.
- Be instrumental in facility decoration which may include but not limited to seasonal/holiday decorations; informational signs; displays of art projects/photographs. As well as the storage of said items.
- Work with other departments in positive, appropriate displays, decorations, etc.
Job Function: Ongoing Education/Training Requirements
- Attend educational workshops, staff meetings, as directed and required by facility licensure.
- Complete on-line education classes as required by facility licensure.
- Attend activity department in-service training, educational workshops, etc as directed by the Activity Director.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Evidence of effective problem resolution skills
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Willingness to consider the advice and opinions of others
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to set and achieve goals
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills, proven skill at meeting deadlines
- Willingness to act as a role model in conduct, professional appearance and attitude
- Ability to operate computer and software