Dietary ServerApply Now
This position is responsible for providing food service to the tenants in a positive and friendly manner. Services may include – related services, set-up and clean up of dining room, food preparation, serving food, and dishwashing.
Lilydale Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
This position requires the incumbent to:
- Possess a sensitivity and aptitude for working with the elderly.
- Prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Possess skills to communicate effectively with tenants, families, staff and other customers.
- Possess the ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, correspondence and documentation, including medical terminology, in English.
- Be punctual with a good attendance record.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Understand how to use, carry and be responsible for the cell phone while on duty.
Job Function: Kitchen Helper
- Utilize food preparation tools and equipment, as directed by the cook
- Able to complete simple food preparation
- Able to use portion control when serving food
- Able to assemble, dish and plate food according to the scheduled menu
- Help to minimize waste and excess food
- Maintain high quality food standards
- Must come to work with proper uniform in accordance with Southview Senior Communities uniform policy.
Job Function: Safe Food Handling
- Practice strict personal hygiene including proper hand washing techniques
- Utilize gloves and hair restraint when handling cold and ready to eat foods
- Monitor time and temperature of foods
- Hold hot foods at 1400 F or above and cold foods at 410 F or below
- Avoid cross-contamination
- Store and label foods properly
Job Function: Dining Room Attendant
- Be familiar with weekly menu
- Wash and sanitize tables
- Know basic place settings when setting a table
- Set tables with place settings and condiments
- Replenish condiments as needed
- Prepare beverages and serve per tenant request
- Set up bussing station in a convenient, yet out of the way location
- Transport food and supplies to other areas of the building as needed
- Meet time schedule of meal service
- Perform plate service for meal delivery
- Follow service etiquette
- Assist tenants with completion of menus
- Be sensitive to and meet the needs of the tenants, following through with their requests
- Clear tables between courses and at the end of the meal service
Job Function: Dishwashing
- Operate dishwasher according to directions
- Scrape, rinse, rack, wash, air dry and put dishware and kitchenware away
- Keep an inventory of dishwashing supplies
Job Function: Cleaning
- Clean and sanitize work areas, including dining room tables
- Recycle cans and plastic in appropriate areas
- Assist with cleaning of dining room and kitchen
- Dispose of trash in proper place
- Clean and maintain dining room appliances and dining room area
- Sweep and mop the kitchen area
- Wipe the beverage station as needed.
- Good physical and mental health, including visual and auditory acuity.
- Demonstrates good verbal communication skills, in English.