This position will ensure that the health and safety of all clients are met. The LPN will assist the RN with planning, coordinating, and managing the home care service and act within the Comprehensive Home Care regulations. The LPN is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and monitoring of home care service delivery under the direction of the Director of Health Services.
Inver Glen Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Function: Work within Home Care program guidelines including completing essential paperwork and complying with state regulations.
- Works to assure facility is in compliance with federal state and local standards and regulations. Is available for license surveys.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of current trends of Home Care.
- Works to maintain privacy and confidentiality of client, client’s records and client living environments.
- Is willing to carry a cell phone and be available for staffing and notifications.
- Communicates and documents client data to staff as needed.
- Assures clients maintain residency requirements, monitors and recommend alternative placement if necessary.
- Reviews client service agreements with RN, as needed.
- Monitors and maintains client charts and nursing notes.
- Communicates to physicians any changes in client’s needs or conditions, as needed.
- Monitors and follows thru with ordering medications and all medication renewals as well as any necessary follow-up with physicians regarding medications.
- Fills weekly pillboxes for medication administration by unlicensed staff and checks new medications from the pharmacy.
- Communicates in staff communication book any information that staff needs to be aware of.
- Assists with compliance in meeting regulations and is available for state licensure surveys.
Job Function: Provide support and address needs for programs and services.
- Maintain client files and appropriate documents as required.
- Monitors clients on an ongoing basis to assure their needs can be met.
- Assures clients continue to live safely in their unit, monitors and recommends alternative care and services, if necessary.
- Inform personnel of changes in client’s needs and conditions.
- Assists ULP in service delivery.
- Maintains communication with clients, families, and other staff.
- Responds to client concerns or complaints.
Job Function: Participate and function effectively as a team member.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with staff of Southview Senior Communities, including providing backup to other staff as needed.
- Articulate information regarding clients to the team.
- Provide proactive, constructive participation in staff meetings, committees, etc.
- Assists other departments with special events and family functions.
- Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and other emergency situations.
- Reports injuries for self, staff, clients or visitors immediately to RN Supervisor.
- Keeps RN Supervisor informed and involved and advised of needs and problems.
Job Function: Other duties as assigned.
- Support the mission and values of Southview Senior Communities.
- Must be licensed with the State of Minnesota as a LPN, and must maintain current and unencumbered licensure.
- Must have a valid drivers license, if driving is required.
- At least 3 years experience in related field.
OTHER SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
This position required the incumbent to have:
- Possess a sensitivity and aptitude for working with the elderly.
- Possess skills to communicate effectively with those you supervise, clients, family members and RN Supervisor.
- Possess leadership / supervisory skills.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work irregular hours, occasional weekends and evenings.