Maintenance WorkerApply Now
Perform maintenance, custodial and housekeeping tasks at the Southview Senior Communities, a senior housing and assisted living community. Maintain the community in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner. Perform all tasks to assure that the community reflects high quality appearance and in good condition for tenants and visitors.
Lexington Pointe Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Function: Perform housekeeping tasks.
- Clean all common areas and rooms by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, scrubbing, waxing and polishing.
- Empty and sanitize trash containers in common use areas.
- Move, rearrange, and dust furniture and fixtures.
- Wipe and polish exterior apartment doors, polish brass doorknobs and other fixtures.
- Vacuum the dining room and wipe tables and chairs after use during daytime shift.
- Mix and blend cleaning solutions to proper concentrations for each task and assure that the lasting odor or solutions do not cause any irritable conditions to people or pets.
- Clean and polish all entryway and lobby glass, doors and furniture; vacuum and mop entryway floor as needed; dust drapes and mini-blinds as needed.
- Buff and polish highly visible and heavily used areas needing extra attention as needed.
Job Function: Perform maintenance tasks.
- Troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, or as directed by supervisor.
- Report mechanical problems or irregularities to supervisor.
- Report equipment failures that cannot be repaired and recommendation for replacement.
- Perform miscellaneous light repairs, e.g. plunging toilets, change light bulbs.
- Make preventative maintenance inspections per schedule or as directed by supervisor.
- Complete necessary work for unit turnovers, e.g. move appliances, replace or repair locks, window screens, cleaning etc.
- Shampoo carpets as needed.
- Set up community rooms and common areas for tenant programs and activities.
- Perform all repair and maintenance work to comply with code standards.
- Clean the garage, e.g. sweep and remove debris,
- Keep trash/recycling areas clean and safe.
- Shovel walkways and paths as needed.
- Perform occasional ground maintenance.
- Provide supervisor with ongoing communication, documentation and reporting of mechanical/building problems.
- Maintain the maintenance shop and mechanical rooms in a clean, safe, orderly and professional manner.
- Check stock and recommend or order parts and supplies when needed. Verify receipt of merchandise.
Job Function: Perform other support functions and tasks.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and keep information confidential as appropriate.
- Maintain a team approach toward all staff and be a strong team member as part of the maintenance staff.
- Assist management/office staff with miscellaneous tasks as needed.
- Perform and assist in other assignments as needed and directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or the Residence Director.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- One to three years’ prior housekeeping, custodial and/or maintenance experience.
- Boiler’s license.
- Valid MN Drivers license.
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position as determined by a pre-employment physical performed by Southview Senior Communities designated medical provider.
Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
This position requires incumbent to have:
- Knowledge of safe cleaning chemicals that are non-allergenic.
- Ability to understand and relate well to senior adults.
- Must be flexible and able to work within a diverse team.