Maintenance SupervisorApply Now
Supervise maintenance/housekeeping staff and coordinate maintenance functions at Southview Senior Communities. Oversee and perform maintenance services in compliance with City, State, and Federal Regulations as it applies to senior housing. Assure that the housing community and property reflects and demonstrates a high quality of appearance and care.
Lexington Pointe Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Function: Perform/Assign maintenance functions.
- Develop and perform weekly, monthly, and annual preventive maintenance for all building systems to ensure that facility equipment is operating efficiently to specifications.
- Oversee and perform maintenance work orders.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning equipment or systems.
- Perform all repair and maintenance work to comply with code standards.
- Perform and/or ensure repairs and maintenance of heating and air conditioning systems, elevators, security systems, building emergency systems, and the outdoor sprinkler system.
- Perform preventive maintenance on blower motors, fans, and filters.
- Monitor and schedule preventative maintenance on all kitchen systems, exhaust vents and equipment in coordination with Chef Supervisor.
- Manage/perform the cleaning of major common use areas, including the dining room, hallways, entryway, and garage. Schedule the company carpet extraction unit for in-depth cleaning of carpets on a periodic basis.
- Assure that all entryways and sidewalks are clear of snow and ice and oversee the contract work of the snow removal company in the winter months.
- Perform or assign the renovation and cleaning of turnover units in preparation for new tenants.
- Respond to after-hours emergency situations when called by the Caretaker or other emergency responders. Provide immediate assessment and attention to critical situations such as loss of power, lightning strikes, power surges, fire alarms, and other emergency system breakdowns.
- Perform unit inspections annually as necessary.
- Perform other assigned maintenance tasks as needed.
Job Function: Supervision of maintenance activities/plans at [Name of Company].
- Hire, terminate and supervise housekeeping and maintenance staff. Schedule work, monitor performance and complete annual performance reviews.
- Oversees and manage all vendor contracts; inspect the work of contracted and vendor services and jobs.
- Establish repair and installation policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain equipment and parts inventories.
- Identify need for new equipment purchases or replacements.
- Coordinate inspections from health, fire, and other regulatory groups to minimize corrective actions.
- Assist Residence Director, staff and tenants in the planning and management of the landscaping.
- Assure that appropriate maintenance-related paperwork is completed.
- Participate in developing a strategic plan for the short and long-term goals of management in renovation and updating of the facility and building site.
- Participate in budget development of maintenance and property needs.
- Monitor maintenance and property expenditures to assure compliance with budget and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Attend educational workshops, staff meetings and Southview Senior Communities maintenance forums; establish rapport with other Southview Senior Communities maintenance workers and mechanics to develop a network of resources.
- Attend regular staff meetings and confer with Residence Director regarding staff and tenant issues and concerns. Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Perform other supervisory or coordinating assignments as needed.
- This position reports to and is supervised by the Residence Director or Maintenance Supervisor.
- Develop good working relationship with entire on-site staff.
- Support the Mission of Southview Senior Communities and establish good working relationships with executive staff and the Board of Directors.
- Establish positive relationships with tenants and build confidence and rapport through the activities and services performed.
- Exposure to chemicals and cleaning solvents.
- Work within multiple work environments and unsanitary conditions.
- Exposure to illnesses and frailties of tenants.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priorities as urgent needs arise that require immediate attention.
- Works among tenants, family members, visitors, and staff in a variety of situations.
- High School diploma or GED plus specialized training of less than two years required.
- Advanced training in electrical/mechanical/technical building systems and equipment preferred.
- 3-5 years work experience in a similar maintenance position.
- Boiler’s license
- MN Driver’s license
Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
This position requires incumbent to have:
- Knowledge of safe cleaning chemicals that are non-allergenic.
- Ability to understand and relate well to senior adults.
- Must be flexible and able to work within a diverse team.