Housekeeper DirectorApply Now
This position is responsible for keeping the building in a clean, sanitary, orderly and attractive condition. To provide a pleasant living environment for the tenants and an organized and safe working environment for the staff.
Lexington Pointe Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sweep, vacuum, dust, wash, wax scour and sanitize areas as assigned; must move furniture and equipment as necessary to clean.
- Observe and use proper procedure for waste disposal per building policy.
- Perform cleaning procedures in accordance with building policy.
- Demonstrate ability to properly use chemicals understands and adheres to building Right to Know Policy and possesses knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for chemicals used to perform functions of job.
- Use proper body mechanics to move furniture, wash bathrooms, windows, etc.
- Ability to use step stool to climb and reach light fixtures, curtains, tops of doors, closets, etc.
- Ability to dispense soap, paper, and other housekeeping supplies, refills products in restrooms, etc.
- Ability to care for and use housekeeping equipment such as vacuum, carpet sweeper, etc.
- Ability to observe Universal Precautions and Infection Control procedures related to Environmental Services.
- Attend mandatory in-services and staff meetings as requested.
- Understand and follow Vulnerable Adults Act and Abuse Policy.
- Recognize and act on safety hazards – wipe up spills or wet spots off floor, keep hallways uncluttered when using cleaning equipment.
- Use proper caution signs and safety procedures around tenants when cleaning.
- Keep harmful chemicals safely stored and away from tenants.
- Ability to plan work so minimal disturbance is caused to tenants.
- Ability to give constant attention to detail to complete thorough cleaning.
- Ability to learn and assist in other areas of the building.
- Ability to report any area in poor repair to the Residence Director
- Report tenant changes to the Residence Director, RN or LPN on duty.
- Document as required.
- Offers suggestions and ideas for improvement.
- Being able to turnover vacant apartments in a 3 day maximum, along with the maintenance department.
- Demonstrates an acceptance and assists with on-the-job training as assigned.
- Order supplies, chemicals and equipment as needed.
- Will do housekeeping schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must be punctual, attendance satisfactory; provide proper notice of tardiness or absences.
- Attends department meetings as required.
- Must follow building dress code; maintain good personal hygiene and grooming.
- Must be mature and emotionally stable; use a calm, kind tone of voice with tenants, staff and family members.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize work efficiently to accomplish workload within time allotted.
- Must be adaptable and flexible to changing situations.
- Must be compassionate toward the elderly, and work with tact and ethical awareness, ensure personal tenant information is kept confidential.
- Must work as a team member. Is willing to help others, assist with maintaining a clean work and storage area.
- Must maintain a positive attitude.
- Must respond appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills and emergency situations.
- Must follow safety rules and regulations.
- Report injuries/accidents to supervisor immediately per building procedures.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-to-one and small group situations to customers, tenants and other employees.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. Minimal sitting. Occasionally climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear; feel or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move supplies, equipment, and materials weighing approximately 35-50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and depth perception, the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Majority of work inside building, minimally outside to clean windows and sweep walks/patios.
- Exposure to body fluids and infections, including bloodborne pathogens.
- Exposure to chemical hazards and respiratory hazards.
- Minimal hazard to close proximity to electrical current (change light bulbs).