Home Health AideApply Now
This position is responsible for providing personal care and designated health-related services designed to maintain the client’s physical and emotional well-being for those clients living at Southview Senior Communities. This position assists clients with tasks of daily living as indicated on the Service Agreement, the Medication Administration Record (MAR), and other services as delegated by the RN.
Lexington Pointe Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Function: Medication Administration
- Administer medications and give reminders to clients as required according to the Medication Administration Record (MAR) and as delegated by the RN Supervisor.
- Follow policy for administrating medications PRN standing orders.
- Follow policy and procedure for narcotic administration and documentation.
- Follow policy and procedure for medication administration when a client is leaving the building.
- Follows policy and procedures when receiving new or changed medication orders.
- Reorder medications and supplies weekly, or as needed.
- Understand standard precautions used for infection control and adhere to them.
- Other medication administration duties as assigned by RN Supervisor.
Job Function: Provide personal and direct care to clients
- Assist clients with activities of daily living as indicated on their individual service agreement (including, but not limited to dressing, showering, grooming, and toilet assistance and escorting).
- Assist clients with daily room order and light housekeeping.
- Assist clients with personal laundry duties, which may include ironing.
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment.
- Promote independence, not dependence, with clients offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Perform routine procedures as delegated by the RN Supervisor.
Job Function: Documenting and reporting
- Document any changes in clients’ condition in the client chart and communication log. Report these changes to the RN Supervisor.
- Completes incident reports according to policy.
- Reports to RN Supervisor any medication changes or any PRN medications that have been administered to a client.
- Understands procedures regarding home care tasks and charting procedures when performing these tasks.
- Recognizing abnormal signs and symptoms, or changes in clients’ condition.
- Documenting duties completed with clients on the service delivery record during each shift.
Job Function: Complete essential paperwork
- Filing papers in clients’ charts as needed.
- Signing Medication Administration Records (MAR’s) monthly.
- Reviewing and signing all new clients plan of care/ weekly service record and changes in current clients’ plan of care.
- Reading the communication book and checking employee mailbox before the start of each shift.
- Checking outgoing US mailbox, collecting US mail delivered and distributing US mail and in-house mail to the clients.
- Other documentation as assigned and/ or needed.
Job Function: Knowledge and compliance with state regulations
- Understand and adhere to the Vulnerable Adult and abuse policy, Bill of Rights and HIPPA.
- Works to assure facility is in compliance with federal, state and local standards and regulations.
- Complete a minimum of eight (8) hours of documented training.
- Be up to date with completing mantoux tests and chest x-rays.
Job Function: Activity Programming
- Encourage, gather and/ or escort clients to participate in scheduled activity programs.
- Lead activity programs as assigned.
- Socialize with clients and incorporate new ideas and client suggestions into programming.
Job Function: Participate and function effectively as a team member
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with other Unlicensed Personnel’s, housekeeper, Nursing staff, kitchen staff and other Southview Senior Communities staff.
- Provide back up to other staff as needed to ensure 24 hours staffing.
- Communicate information regarding clients care needs and changes to the team and families.
- Provide proactive and constructive participation in staff meetings.
- Be compassionate and work with tact and ethical awareness.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire, weather or emergency situations.
- Follow through promptly on requested duties.
- Assisted kitchen staff at meal times with set up, serving and clean up.
- Provide on-the-job training for new associates.
- Must be mature and emotionally stable using a calm and kind tone of voice.
- The ability to remain calm in difficult or unusual circumstances.
Job Function: Other duties as assigned
- Support the mission and values of Southview Senior Communities.
High School education and CNA/ NAR or HHA Certificate preferred.
Experience in working with older adults.