Registered NurseApply Now
Performs a variety of professional nursing duties in the care of the home care clients, complies with the state rules and regulations, and follows established policies and procedures of the building.
Eden Prairie Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that unlicensed staff performs its duties and responsibilities in a timely, quality manner and reports problems to DON.
- Reports changes in client condition or other concerns about client to the DON in a timely manner.
- Initiates emergency procedures for clients and reports to the DON.
- Reviews client care plans with DON and consults with DON about client conditions and their treatments.
- Assists with implementation of physician orders.
- Carries out the proper charting practices and procedures.
- Assists with startup of services for new clients, hospital transfers and discharges as requested by DON.
- Assembles and operates equipment such as oxygen suppliers and other equipment used for the client care.
- Orders and administer medications.
- Medication set ups as directed by DON.
- Attends required meetings, in-service training and conferences.
- Works cooperatively with the other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by DON.
- Assists in the monitoring and evaluation of job performance for unlicensed staff.
- Consults with DON regarding unlicensed staff performance problems.
- Assists unlicensed staff as necessary.
- Carry cell phone and do on-call rotation for unlicensed staff.
- Work to maintain privacy and confidentiality of client, client’s records and client living environments.
- Primary responsibilities will be conducted in clean, well-lit,climate controlled areas such as client rooms, hallways, work rooms, client dining area and meeting rooms.
- The noise is usually moderate.
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens and infectious diseases.
- Exprosure to chemical and respiratory hazards.
- May be exposed to dogs, cats and birds.
- Some travel to meetings and seminars may be required.
Work hours as assigned, scheduled, or mutually agreed upon. Occasionally called upon to work on short notice. While performing duties of this job, employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, walk, talk or hear and taste or smell. Occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Be able to push up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must be familiar wit general nursing and geriatric nursing practices.
- Must demonstrate leadership, good judgment and dependability.
- Must be knowledgeable and accurate in the administration of medications and treatments.
- Must possess good listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perform duties of the unlicensed staff.
- Must possess a desire to work with aged, infirm and disabled persons.
- Good Organizational and planning skills.
- Must work as a team member and maintain a positive demeanor.
- Must receive a “not disqualified” criminal background result from the Department of Human Services.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing for Registered Nurse.
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse within the State of Minnesota and maintain licensure.
Perform arithmetic, follow instructions, and work with accuracy in all job activities. Must be mature and remain calm with clients, staff and families. May be required to work long hours, weekends and holidays.
Must understand and communicate with specialized medical terminology. Explain procedures to clients. Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, procedures and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to clients, family members and employees. Must be able to verbally communicate in a clear, precise manner, using calm, pleasant tone of voice.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized and nonstandard situations. Knowledgeable about validation techniques, reality orientation and/or appropriate diversional activities with confused clients. The job description is not intended to be all- inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the DON or other management personnel.
Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties and hours as needs prevail. This document is for management communication only and is not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment. I have read and understand this job description. I agree to accept the responsibilities and duties as outlined.