Health Unit Coordinator (HUC)Apply Now
This position is responsible for coordinating business office functions including: financial management, secretarial support, renting apartments, and providing support to tenants of Southview Senior Communities while upholding the standards and values of the Mission of Southview Senior Communities.
Eden Prairie Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Function: Provide financial management support.
- Prepare rental account statements.
- Collect rents.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Maintain current rental records.
- Record rents and other receivables on the accounting software.
- Coordinate the accounts payable.
- Assist in the Operating and Capital Budget preparation.
- Maintain the Petty Cash Fund.
- Assist in coordinating employee benefits, payroll, updates and changes.
Job Function: Provide office support.
- Retrieve phone messages and answer phones regularly, taking messages as needed.
- Type, as required, tenant summaries, correspondence, contracts, memos and reports.
- Establish proper formatting techniques and grammar when typing documents.
- Maintain confidentiality of all material.
- Assist with program or meeting arrangements for special functions.
- Maintain tenant files, unit files, and appropriate documents as required by management both monthly and yearly.
- Keep Residence Director informed and advised of needs and problems.
- Copy and fax materials as needed.
Job Function: Share responsibilities in all aspects of renting apartments.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the surrounding community, social service and county agencies.
- Give occasional tours and information to perspective tenants.
- Accept and process reservations and security deposits.
- Enter new tenants in all building and accounting systems.
- Remove former tenant(s) from all building and accounting systems.
Job Function: Provide Tenant services support.
- Make recommendations for financial, social, and personal needs of the tenants.
- Be receptive to tenants’ questions, comments, complaints, and service requests taking prompt corrective action.
- Take appropriate action in case of emergency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma plus specialized training of less than two years required.
- 3-5 years experience in similar administrative position.
- MN Driver’s license
Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, and accounting software.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to communicate clearly, accurately, effectively, and patiently, including a courteous and helpful attitude with a keen appreciation of the public relations aspects of this position.
- Must be flexible and able to work within a diverse team.
- Must be able to assess and understand the needs of seniors.