Activity DirectorApply Now
Develop, coordinate, and implement tenant activities at Southview Senior Communities. Encourage community participation by tenants in activities providing physical, social, intellectual, and spiritual development with an opportunity to use individual talents and skills.
Eden Prairie Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Function: Plan/develop/coordinate/implement tenant activities.
- Plan, coordinate and implement activities, events, trips and celebrations.
- Engage tenants to participate in all planned activities.
- Encourage tenants to utilize opportunities to demonstrate their talents and skills within the structure of the programmed activities.
- Organize tenants to plan and assist with scheduled events.
- Prepare surveys and encourage response by tenants concerning activities and interests of the tenant community.
- Plan and implement programs to celebrate nationally recognized holidays and other special days.
- Communicate and cooperate with all departments in planning activities.
Job Function: Administrative and Other Assignments.
- Market the program
- Prepare monthly activity calendar and keep tenants informed.
- Write and edit a monthly newsletter.
- Schedule and coordinate transportation needs per facility marketing plan.
- Review and manage the annual activities budget.
- Assist other staff members on occasion as needed.
- Assist with answering the telephones and emergency call systems.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested by the Housing Manager.
Job Function: Share responsibilities in all aspects of renting apartments.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the surrounding community and county agencies.
- Give occasional tours and information to perspective tenants.
- Assist with marketing events, open houses and expo's.
- High School diploma with some college or related training preferred.
- Prior experience in planning and implementing activities and events.
- Experience in working with senior adults; knowledgeable and sensitive to the needs and concerns of the senior population.
Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities:
This position requires incumbent to have:
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Ability to operate computer and software.
- Excellent listening and response skills in communicating with the tenant community.
- Discretion in retaining confidential information with [Name of Company] and between staff and tenants.
- The mind-set of a caregiver with a friendly and positive demeanor towards tenants.
- Teaching Skills
- Dementia Training