Activities AssistantApply Now
Assist and/or implement activity programming as directed by the Activity Director.. Assist the Activity Director in implementation of group and individualized activities with a primary focus on memory care programming. Duties include a varied work schedule that will include weekends, evenings and holidays. Responsibilities may include record keeping; attention to work environment – use of supplies and equipment; maintenance of activity storage areas.
Eden Prairie Senior Living
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Function: Plan/Develop/Coordinate/Implement Tenant Group Activities
- Set up the physical area as needed for the type of activity planned as directed.
- Develop, print and post daily informational schedule on bulletin board in locations as directed by Activity Director.
- Advertise to co-workers in other departments of activity schedule.
- Follow instructions for implementation of group activities as directed.
- Report any changes in tenant response to group activities (ie behavioral, psychosocial, sensory, physical) to nursing staff as directed.
- Keep tenant activity attendance records as directed.
- Implement intergenerational programming (preschool, outside groups, etc) as directed.
- Participate in “All House” programming as directed.
Job Function: Maintain pleasant facility environment
- Keep community room, public areas on memory care units, storage areas activity offices clean, neat and organized as directed.
- Assist with indoor/outdoor plant care as directed.
- Be instrumental in facility decoration which may include but not limited to seasonal/holiday decorations; informational signs; displays of art projects/photographs as well as the storage of said items.
- Work with other departments in positive, appropriate displays, decorations, etc.
Job Function: Ongoing Education/Training Requirements
- Attend educational workshops, staff meetings, as directed and required by facility licensure.
- Complete on-line education classes as required by facility licensure.
- Attend activity department in-service training, educational workshops, etc as directed by the Activity Director.
** This job description is intended to convey the general scope of the Activity Assistant position. Other tasks may be added/changed by the Activity Director as advised.
- High school diploma preferred
- Prior experience in planning and implementing activities and events preferred
- Prior experience working with senior adults preferred
- Prior experience caring for persons with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease preferred
Other Specialized Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Pleasant, positive personality
- Respect for authority
- Able to work independently and follow scheduled activity planning as directed
- Respect for a senior tenant’s right to make choices and their right to privacy
- Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
- Able to work well with others
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills, proven skill at meeting deadlines